How to modify firefox image viewer

KE7FEG eculbert at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 29 23:58:41 MST 2006

Joe and others, I MIGHT be wrong, but I remember
setting mine this way...if I remember correctly to
avoid the startup of gimp mess.

To choose a different default viewer, you need to be
at that window you hate in email first.

Then hit the 'help' on the right side of firefox's
file/edit/view bar. Goto:

preferences/downloads/downloads actions

WHILE STILL in that email on the browser. It will
become obvious what HELP is yelling about, otherwise
it might not. I had to 'visualize from memory' the
email graphic's popup thingy to remember that yes,
there are some options which are NOT obvious as they
happen w/o the help file handy.

It will open a fairly large options area for you.

Hope this helps...help!

--- joe at actionline.com wrote:

> On Tue, 29 Aug 2006 17:17:10 -0700 (PDT), KE7FEG
> wrote
> > Joe see if this is it.
> >
> > K > Configuration > KDE > components > file
> > associations > image > jpg or whatever type you
> want
> > and drag/drop the order in the popup window.
>
> As another gentleman noted, the needed fix is for
> Firefox,
> not for "K" ... but thanks for offering an idea.

Ed Culbertson/ke7feg
Remember Katrina?
For several days, only hams could get out,
and talk to others dependably.

No Morse Code required for Technician class licensee's. Interested? http://www.arrl.org/

Long live Knoppix, and Puppy Live Linux cd's.