How to modify firefox image viewer

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Tue Aug 29 10:50:47 MST 2006

.
When I use Firefox to view a web mail service
and I write a new  email message onto which I
add an attachment (jpg image), when I click on
that image to make sure that the image displays
correctly, a dialog box pops up that says:
"What should Firefox do with  this file?"

The options are to Open with [__The GIMP ___]v
or Save to Disk.

When I click on the down arrow "v" to choose a
different option than GIMP (the default option),
and then click on "Other", Firefox opens yet another
dialog box in which I can locate a different viewer
(i.e. 'kview') to add as an option. That all works
fine, except ...

I cannot find where among Firefox's various menues
and options to change the (default) from GIMP to kview.

How (where) can this default option be changed?