SuSE Linux 10.1 booting to Windows

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 28 13:56:08 MST 2006

If you have to boot windows again and assuming the
windows partition is still viable..

boot from the windows install cd (hoping you have
one), and goto the Recovery Console. You can use
fixmbr to restore the windows boot loader and thus
boot windows.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/bootcons_fixmbr.mspx?mfr=true

BTW, I installed and dual booted opensuse 10.1 with
windows on my laptop no problem. So it does work at
least in some cases.

-j

--- Richard Allen / Gem Land <richard at gemland.com>