Video Card

Craig Brooksby rcbrxb at gmail.com
Thu Aug 24 11:30:04 MST 2006

The westside meeting on Tuesday (covering Joomla!) was very good.  You
got to show up in order to experience it.

The latest Ubuntu update resulted in it not playing nice with my
cheapo video card.  It fails to enter the desktop, and falls into the
command-line level.  I have been over and over the x-configuration
stuff -- can't figure it out.  Stuck.

My mobo requires a PCI-E video card -- no support for AGP.  THe cards
were too expensive (last year) so I found a cheap PCI video card.
(yes, plain old PCI),  Worked great (if slow) until a few days ago.

I am thinking of shopping for a PCI-E card now.  I went out to the FSF
site, but there is little detail there.

Anyone have any practical advice on selecting an inexpensive,
linux-compatible PCI-E video card?

Thanks --

Craig