*another* MythTV query..

chip33az at netscape.net chip33az at netscape.net
Thu Aug 24 07:59:39 MST 2006

I had MythTV working until my tuner card went out.  Hauppuage sent me a
new one and I want to start using it again.

I have a PC set up as a server in one room, and I wanted to put a
frontend in the kitchen.  I have been looking at the EPIAM1000 and
Morex Case from Logic Supply.  I have a drive and memory, so it should
cost around $300.

One option you might look at is SageTV.  They have Windows and Linux
software.  I tried the Windows 15 day trial and it worked fine.  I even
ran the Linux client connecting to the Windows server and that worked
fine as well.  They sell a cheap ~$100 front end that hooks up to the
TV.  My only complaint about SageTV is that it can't play DVD's to the
clients, otherwise I would have purchased it.  You can even connect to
the server over the Internet with their client software.

Food for thought.