How to send a print job via wireless

Eric "Shubes" plug at shubes.net
Tue Aug 22 13:09:48 MST 2006

joe at actionline.com wrote:
> .
> What is the procedure to set things up so I can send a print job
> from a wireless connected laptop computer to a linux box with
> a printer connected to its parallel port?

Same as if they were connected via ethernet (wired).
;)

If the laptop is running XP, you need to essentially:
.) configure the linux desktop as a samba server
.) create a samba share for the printer on the linux box
.) configure the XP laptop's workgroup to be the same as the samba server
.) add the printer to the XP box as a network printer

That's it in a nutshell.
--
-Eric 'shubes'