How to *absolutely* kill pending print jobs?

joe at actionline.com joe at actionline.com
Tue Aug 22 11:17:30 MST 2006

.
How can one *absolutely* kill any and all pending print jobs?

I have tried 'lpstat' and 'cancel spoolfilename'.
I have tried 'lpq' and 'lprm'
I have tried deleting files in /var/spool/cups and /var/spool/cups/tmp
I have tried turning the printer off and back on

But every time I turn the printer back on, it keeps trying
to print a pending print file with a seemingly never-ending
flow of *blank* pages.

This is ridiculous.  Surely there must be some way (other than
reboot) to *absolutely* kill, flush, delete, purge, and totally
destroy and wipe-out any and all print files lurking in queue.