bluetooth dongle?

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue Aug 22 01:06:40 MST 2006

Am 21. Aug, 2006 schwätzte Ted Gould so:

> On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 22:44 -0700, der.hans wrote:
>> I successfully use the same phone as a modem for my Nokia 770 tablet.
>
> Are you still using Verizon?  Were you able to get the 770 to connect
> with only the VCast account?  I heard it's possible, but I wasn't able
> to get it working within my free trial month.

Luckily we won the class action and I was able to give Verizon the boot.

Unfortunately they gipped me on the settlement check and are still trying
to bill me for contract cancellation, which the settlement disallows.

Their support people are nice, but that still hasn't fixed the problems.

Alltel has been working well for phone and data since I was able to boot
Verizon.  Alltel had really hosed things with me once before and hosed a
few things with the new account. Some of that was a less than ordinary
order from me, but it really wasn't all that difficult...

At least Alltel will let me use the phone. As I say, it works quite well
with the Nokia 770. I was getting faster connectivity via the phone
connection than via wireless to my $gf's cable-modem connection.

The 770 worked just fine once I got the correct connect info from Alltel.

The data connection even worked along the highway from Kingman to
Flagstaff during a thunderstorm. Not fast by any means, but it worked :).

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  Molotov Bible - religion thrown at other people in order to cause an
#  explosive situation - der.hans