palm device

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sun Aug 20 01:19:15 MST 2006

moin moin,

trying to backup/sync/etc. $gf's palm tungsten.

I plugged it into my USB port. When I hit the onscreen hotsync button
/dev/palm comes up ( a link to /dev/ttyUSB1 ).

I've got kpilot[0] claiming 'Device link ready', but then it asks me to
hit the hotsync button. Since it's already in hotsync mode just to get to
that point I have no hotsync button to press.

At some point I got a backup started via pilot-sync and the command line,
but it borked on Blazer.prc, which appears to be a known issue. I haven't
been able to get back to that point.

I am also out of live chickens, garlic and skittles, so the incantations
aren't going to work :(.

[0] I'd really rather be using gnome-pilot, but it just hangs waiting for
me to hit the hotsync button and never even get a base connection :(. Same
results for jpilot and coldsync.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  Strangers are friends just waiting to happen!