[OT] wanted: (pre-owned?) laptop

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 18 16:22:44 MST 2006

Looks like things are getting better everyday.

I'm holding out for that cell phone/ laptop / tv / tevo combination that you plug into a dock and use at work/home/vacation which all 3 should be at the beach!

Mike <stuff at dustsmoke.com> wrote: Somewhat... Your mostly limited by what builds under the ARM architecture.
Don't quote me because I don't have one myself. But I believe you can get
all of those things working under that platform. Try looking around
OpenZaurus or the Debian ARM repo's.

-Mike

> What if I want to do PHP/PERL/MySql/gcc ... ETC  Can I?
>
> Mike  wrote: > I am interested in buying a laptop PC,
>> up to 3, 4 years old (maybe younger);
>> as long as it has a
>> working wifi,
>> [mozilla] browser,
>> and typical stuff such as
>> a charger for the battery,
>> a USB port,
>> and a CD or DVD drive.
>> Is that too much to ask?
>> How much should I expect to pay?
>> If I am not in a hurry, is it better
>> to buy it over the net ("mail order"?).
>> I will probably pay by credit card.
>> ...it's needed to be able to access
>> (web-based) e-mail when out of town.
>
> Have you looked into getting something like a Zaurus? Thats what I'd get
> so I didn't have to lug a slow dumpy laptop around just for webmail.
>
> -Mike

> Keith Smith
> http://travelingcheese.com/search_engine/increase-search-engine-traffic.html

Keith Smith