Why is DSLwireless is fast, but eth-wired slow

Kenneth madhse at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 17 11:25:30 MST 2006

First, try typing
ifconfig -a
after going to a slow website.  See if the error columns have non-zero
values. If you have a firewall running, you might check to see if any packets
are getting dropped by it.
Most slow responses I've encountered were DNS problems.  Firefox will tell
you on the status bar at the bottom what it's waiting for... looking up name,
waiting for remote site, etc.
Check /etc/resolv.conf and see if the proper DNS servers are set up.