How to find or set "2Wire" brand wireless network key?

joe joe at tlnf.com
Sun Aug 13 08:56:24 MST 2006

.
Thanks to Eric Shube's help, I finally got a "2Wire" brand DSL modem/router
yellow-wire-connected to my main Linux box and I can connect to the 'net via
Knoppix; and it is putting out a wireless signal; however, I don't know how
to get connected to/thru it with my dual-boot laptop -- either with winXP or
with Linux.  WinXP shows me "connected" (but not accessible) with a
"security-enabled" connection, and it asks for a "network key" ... but I
don't know what that is or where to find it or how to set it.

Is it possible to disable this security-enabled condition?
And/or how can I find or set this "network key"?

No information on this came with the new modem
and no information on this was provided by Qwest.

I've looked at the 2Wire website, http://www.2wire.com ...
but can't find the solution there either.

Where is this "network key" hidden?

How can I turn the "security-enabled" condition off and back on again
if/when I may want to?  I'm more concerned with getting connected than with
trying to have optimum security at this point.