Bad User! No Program for You!

FoulDragon at aol.com FoulDragon at aol.com
Sat Aug 12 18:18:08 MST 2006

In a message dated 12.Aug.2006 16.44.25 US Mountain Standard Time,
ted at gould.cx writes:

>Nobody let's me write error dialogs anymore:

I recall the best error message I ever wrote... it was for my Networking
project, a rudimentary P2P app.  It only had two error messages:  "Booboo
happened" and something equally obtuse.

I'll write you a few:

"Out of cache error:  Please PayPal $25 to ted at gould.cx and press any key to
continue."

"Segmentation Fault.  To resolve problem, take an intensive six year
doctorate programme in Computer Science and debug file foo.c line 126"

"Bus Error.  Because the boss sent me to the last trade show on Greyhound
instead of the Concorde, I didn't have time to fix this bug."

"Self-diagnostic failed.  Yeah, it was a brilliant choice to buy that memory
from the guy selling it out of his car trunk.  A gig of DDR400 for $26 didn't
seem shifty, did it?  Not even the way he ducked away whenever a white Crown
Victoria passed by?"