best cable modem -- router/switch combo

tg thomas.gozolits at gmx.de
Fri Aug 11 16:58:55 MST 2006

I investigated the internet a bit - the Motorola SB5120 seems to be a 5 of 5
start candidate for a cable modem.

Unfortunately it seems to be discontinued. Are there any recommendations for
a cable modem?

The next think I have to buy is some kind of router / switch combo. I had a
SMC Barricade, but I gave it to a friend.

So I can start with a new infrastructure - no legacy ;-)

What router / switch has the best integrated firewall.

I am primarily interested in plug and play / buy solution- of course with
configuration, but I do not want to

configure a box with 2 network cards and install every service I need on top
of that.