Ubuntu ISO Images

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Thu Aug 10 08:09:57 MST 2006

On Thu, Aug 10, 2006 at 07:59:12AM -0700, Craig White wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-08-10 at 07:03 -0700, David Demland wrote:
> > The burn shows that everything went well, however when I boot from the
> > CD and start to load the installer I get a read error. This happens
> > with all three CDs I have burned.
> -----
> try burning them at a slower speed - especially if the CD writer you are
> using is a different drive than the CD drive you are trying to start up
> with. Perhaps as slow as 4X.

Doh! I should have said that. I've seen that make the difference on
different hardware under different operating systems. However fast they
say the burner can write it always seems to be unreliable at best at the
fastest speeds. Nice, Craig!

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |