Firefox oddities

Darrin Chandler dwchandler at stilyagin.com
Thu Aug 3 10:04:25 MST 2006

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 09:56:47AM -0700, Ray Cantwell wrote:
> Hello all,
>    i recently updated firefox and now it is just lame. I can no longer
> remove the bookmarks bar permanently or have any of my settings stay. I
> am forced to reconfig the browser everytime i start it. Any ideas as to
> what is going on, or has anyone had this issue?
> Thanks,
> Ray

This shouldn't happen, but sometimes it does. IIRC, the solution is to
zap the file localstore.rdf, which probably lives in
~/.mozilla/firefox/*.default/localstore.rdf (the * is because that part
differs)

Quit firefox, delete (or rename) localstore.rdf, then restart Firefox.
All your settings will be back to inital defaults, but anything you
change should stick again. Your bookmarks and other data will remain
intact.

I'm *pretty sure* I'm remembering right, but to be safe do RENAME the
file instead of deleting. Once you've decided it worked then you can
delete the old localstore.rdf.

dwchandler at stilyagin.com   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |