Boot problem

joe joe at tlnf.com
Wed Aug 2 07:29:06 MST 2006

.
Darrin Chandler <dwchandler at stilyagin.com> wrote:
> At this point, regardless of whether a drive is bad or not, I think you
> should have a good copy of any important data somewhere else besides
> this computer. That's always good advice, and usually ignored, and
> usually that works out fine. But a LOT has been going on, and weird
> things are happening, and messing around with partitions, etc. If you
> have any data that you can't lose, copy it somewhere else!

You are so right! But the question is, how best to copy the
crucial data?  I normally burn a DVD of my home directory/folder
(about 2.3 Gig) at the first of each month, so my last one is
a month old.  So the question now is, can I use KB3 on Knoppix,
to burn a DVD of this directory, and if so what would be the steps
to do that?

I have been able to copy a few files to a flash stick, but even
doing that has proved to be a bit tricky.