Boot problem

joe joe at tlnf.com
Wed Aug 2 06:19:47 MST 2006

.
Michael Sammartano <volinaz at cox.net> wrote: (Tue, 01 Aug 08:32 -0700 ??)
> ... Drive failure. The partition table is not
> capable of retaining the data writen to it. The drive needs to have
> a recovery done on it to recover the data, further trials on the
> drive will render the useful data useless. I do not understand the
> constant cat and mouse game on this issue. ... If there is a physical
> issue, it can not be fixed.

Which drive do you think has failed?  And how can one confirm that?

hda is an older 8-gig drive, but it is the one that is now booting
and it apparently has the MBR on it.

hdb is a fairly new 80-gig drive, and we can still read all the
data on it by booting with a Knoppix live CD.

Do you think I could install a Linux system on hda and then
restore lilo in the MBR on it and thereby access both drives?