Boot problem

Kenneth madhse at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 1 20:05:15 MST 2006

I don't think you can hurt anything restoring the original MBR if the drive
won't boot the way it is.

How about switching the drives and installing lilo on the other drive? I have
never seen symptoms like you describe. I'm not sure what else to try.  I've
seen strange things if drives weren't jumpered correctly, but if these two
drives were working together previously that wouldn't seem to be an issue.