Where to find *nix utilities to use on win?

joe joe at tlnf.com
Tue Aug 1 14:16:24 MST 2006

.
Where can one find *nix utilities, especially 'fgrep' and
'locate' that will work on winxp?  Are such available as
free or shareware?

I copied fgrep.exe from my win98 partition onto a flash stick
to see if it would work on the winxp partition on my dual-boot
laptop, but when I view all the files on the flash stick,
fgrep.exe does not show up.  It does appear when I view it
on a Linux box.  Will it work on xp? How do I find it/
copy it from the flash stick to the laptop hd?