OT: Acer power plug

KE7FEG eculbert at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 26 18:12:12 MST 2006

The metal one, not the ac type, but the result of the
'floor/table wall wart' type. There is a
transformer/ps that plugs into the wall then extends
to the plug.

Like I said, it just 'falls' out almost. Trying to
convince the 'bitter, er, better?' half that NOT
wasting time sending it back and just gerry rigging or
whatever is the 'prudent' thing. Who knows when and
even IF it will be fixed and she would be without till
then. She is now as she wont let me 'fix' it now.

Having done many 'projects' electronically, I cannot
wonder why she doesn't trust me on just cutting off
the plug and putting a new one on. Wont void any
warrantee, as long as the correct voltage is at the
corredt pins of the new end...welll, maybe on the ps
part, but NOT the laptop, and that is the important
part with the most failures, hehehe.

Oh, well.

--- FoulDragon at aol.com wrote:

> What sort of plug does it use?
>
> The "small electric AC adapter" style, where the
> plug is metal and conductive?
>
> Or is it like a small AC plug, like some older
> laptops?  The latter you could
> concievably wrap in pipe tape to make it bigger and
> fit tighter.
>
> Worst case, the socket's probably the culprit then.

Ed Culbertson/ke7feg
Remeber Katrina?
For several days, only hams could get out,
and talk to others dependably.

No Morse Code required for Technician class licensee's. Interested? http://www.arrl.org/

Long live Knoppix, and Puppy Live Linux cd's.