Scheduler

Jerry Davis jdawgaz at cox.net
Sun Apr 23 15:56:58 MST 2006

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 13:27:15 -0700
Michael <bmike101 at cox.net> wrote:

> ooooo.... I just thought of something.... would message of the day
> work here?

probably not. it is meant to give a system-wide message to those who
login.

you can put the date/time and a message that goes with it, and then
write a script that prints to the screen, at the time specified.
(make it a cron job that wakes up every 5 minutes and checks to see if
the date/time is within the next 5 minutes, and if not then exit)

I've written something similar in perl. What mine does is to send me a
mail at work at 2PM for anything that is for that specific day.

It could be adapted to do what you want.

Jerry

> On Sunday 23 April 2006 13:12, Michael wrote:
> > I HATE missing appointments! Is there a tool that will pop a
> > reminder up onto a terminal emulator?

Hobbit Name: Pimpernel Loamsdown
Registered Linux User: 275424

This email's random fortune: ... the MYSTERIANS are in here with my
CORDUROY SOAP DISH!!