TCP checksum errors

Rudolfo Munguia xaruum at gmail.com
Fri Apr 21 15:33:57 MST 2006

It would depend on whather you are running 100Mb or 1Gb.

On 100Mb I have seen that condition when there is packet size set 1496/1504
(people trying to avoid packet size computing issues - old stuff) and also
when there are problems with switch caching, that usually causes really high
rates of runts or giants, I have also seen it happen when vlans aren't
taging packets correctly and the vlan tag actually gets forwarded to the
servers.

It would be -a lot- easier to diagnose any of this from your switch than
from your servers.