OT: Re: Access alternatives

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Tue Apr 18 13:50:57 MST 2006

Am 18. Apr, 2006 schwätzte Nathan England so:

>> BTW, see about getting them all to move to OO.o2 and other Free Software
>> tools on their m$ boxen. Using Firefox and Thunderbird will solve many of
>> the security problems. There's a FF module to use the eXploder rendering
>> engine when necessary.
>
> Many of them are eager to use FireFox, but FF has presented a strange
> problems. We are using roaming profiles and our offices are spread out and
> many people use many different workstations. All works well, except FF! When
> you log out, it gives an error saying you can't replace a file when the file
> exists! I kow this is just a permission problem somewhere and it won't allow
> the user to update the profile on the server, but I have played and played
> with permissions and nothing works. Currently, it was set at 777 and it still
> wouldn't allow copying the files!

Does it tell you which file?

Are they on GNU/Linux or m$?

m$ doesn't have 777, correct?

Wonder if it's a pipe or lock file.

lrwxrwxrwx   1 lufthans lufthans      15 2006-04-18 01:17 lock ->
127.0.0.1:+5855

ciao,

der.hans
#  Join the League of Professional System Administrators! https://LOPSA.org/
#  A t-shirt a day keeps the noose away. - der.hans