fillable pdf

FoulDragon at aol.com FoulDragon at aol.com
Sat Apr 15 10:25:48 MST 2006

On a related theme, is there any real alternative to PDF?

I hate PDF.  Well, mostly I hate the reader software.  It takes ages to load.
 It crashes when serving as a plugin, eating 99 percent of the CPU.
Compatibility is scattershot at best (I understand some files that work under 6.0
don't under 7, and the recent versions of the reader have very specific
requirements to install on Windows boxes at least).  And all so you can have a document
that won't flow to fit the screen space or the user's viewing needs (how many
times have you found a PDF decided to open at 34 percent, making it illegible,
or 100 percent, but scrolling is required)

The tenth circle of hell is reserved for the inventors of PDF.

Someone needs to start an Ogg Documentarama project. :)