fillable pdf

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Fri Apr 14 17:36:22 MST 2006

der.hans said:
> moin moin,
>
> do we have any pdf tools available other than acroread that'll let us
> fill in pdf forms?

A pencil?  ;^)

> Why I don't want to use acroread:
>
> http://lwn.net/Articles/129729/
>
> http://www.daube.ch/share/win14.html
>
> Maybe it's finally time to learn SE Linux and lock down acroread and
> plugins to not be allowed to open network sockets...

Can't you do the form with the network unplugged?  Yea, I know, not the
best answer.

That first article indicates that the PDF file has to have the javascript
in it to order acroread out on the net.  Sniff the network when you open
and put bogus data in the form.  Prove whether or not that form is
actually connecting to anyone.

Inspect the PDF contents in an editor.  Is there any javascript in there?

Just random thoughts.  I have often wanted a PDF form-filler-outer
functionality too.  None of the FS/OSS ones, that I know of, have that
capability...yet.

Alan