iptables

Michael bmike101 at cox.net
Tue Apr 11 17:32:32 MST 2006

If i were to apt-get install iptables and it were to upgrade iptables would
the new install preserve my exhisting table. Is there any benefit to doing
so?  (iptables version 1.2.9)

I was just inspecting my exhisting table and I think that It doesn't really
matter if I upgrade it or not. I suppose that I'm just wondering. or am I
wandering? Point to ponder:-)

if it matters I can share my ip table but I don't know if that is a goodw idea
on a public forum.

I find it interesting, however, that cox has been automatically added to my
table. The addres is different though:  ip68-2-116-123.ph.ph.cox.net
Interesting. Why does it not look like an ipv4 address?