XUL and SVG presentation tonight

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Fri Apr 7 11:10:24 MST 2006

ted at gould.cx said:

> Well, I wasn't able to go, but I'm really interested in SVG.  Can anyone
> post a summary of the talk?  What is Jon using SVG for?

After looking at the download file, I note that it is complete for the
presentation items.  However, at the end Jon showed off an application he
made using the technologies.  That application is not in the file (not
that it had to be).

The app helps him design model airplanes.  By inputing various parameters
it calculates resulting characteristics of a wing design, including
drawing wing cross section shape and angle of attack vs. lift graphs.  The
drawings are done with SVG and the entire user interface in XUL.  It was
impressive for a nice little hobby application.

I kind of hoped he included it in the presentation materials.  But, since
he did not, I offer my little description of it.

Alan