XUL and SVG presentation tonight

Alan Dayley alandd at consultpros.com
Fri Apr 7 09:49:50 MST 2006

ted at gould.cx said:
> On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, Matt Alexander wrote:
>> For anyone interested in XUL development and/or SVG, Jon Arney will be
>> giving a presentation tonight at the PLUG Devel meeting:
>>
>> Details: An introduction to XPCOM, XUL, and SVG under Firefox
>>
>> Speaker Bio: Jonathan Arney has worked as a software engineer for 12
>> years
>> and been a Linux user/programmer for 10. Jon's software development
>> experience has been mainly C and C++ working with distribution and
>> logistics systems. Jon now works for Shamrock Foods leading the Linux
>> software development team.
>
> Well, I wasn't able to go, but I'm really interested in SVG.  Can anyone
> post a summary of the talk?  What is Jon using SVG for?

Jon already provided his presentation materials (slides and source) and I
posted them on the PLUG website this morning.  To quote my note to the
plug-devel email list:

Jon provided the materials from his presentation already!  It includes
the slides and the source code.  Please look for the file
"firefox-xul-svg" in the Meetings' Downloads here:
http://plug.phoenix.az.us/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=39&Itemid=33

Alan

PS. Google the term "svg ted" and see how interested Ted really is in SVG!
PPS. Someone named "Scooter" brought this up at the meeting last night.
Blame him, not me!  ;^)