OpenGroupWare

Nathan England nathan at paysonlinux.org
Mon Apr 3 20:38:34 MST 2006

So is there something out there, that can replace Outlook? If you have to pay
for something, then you might as well just buy the plugin and keep the users
on Outlook, but if there is a cheap or better solution...?

My office wants some kind of email collaboration, but exchange is absolutely
out of the question. I just replaced the Windows 2000 ADS with RHEL4 and it
works great. Now the next step is email...

I'm at a loss because I don't know what to give them. All they really want is
sharable address books, I guess. They don't really care about sharing mail
folders or even calendaring I think, so I may just go with an LDAP address
book, but even still, this is sketchy with Outlook/Express isn't it?

nathan

> The lack of documentation works in Microsoft's favor.  That is how they
> keep other clients from working with exchange or competitors from making
> a groupware system that will work with Outlook.

Payson Computer Services
PO Box 2551
Payson, Arizona 85547
(928) 595 - 1449

http://www.paysonlinux.org/
nathan at paysonlinux.org

Business Consulting Services,
Advanced Network and Server Design,
Security Solutions,
Process Management and Efficiency Consultations