Review of the 10 most popular distros

Mike Garfias mike at garfias.org
Sun Apr 2 08:25:41 MST 2006

To muddy the waters a bit:

SunOS 4.x (aka Solaris 1) is BSD.  Some other commercial UNIXes are BSD
derived.  However, its too early for me to care about remembering which ones.

You _CAN_ strip the BSD kernel from BSD and run it with a linux dist.  See:
http://www.debian.org/ports/netbsd/ for more info.

Darrin Chandler spoke forth with the blessed manuscript: