IBM blade center HS20 server) with Redhat Enterprise Linux 4

shadow shadow at digitalnirvana.com
Sat Apr 1 12:42:43 MST 2006

Dan,

> I've used the following commands:
> linux
> linux text
> linux text noprobe  (this one actually got the console but the
> keyboard was not functional)

You might want to try using the boot command:

linux skipddc

We use RHEL4 in our datacenter and the install never correctly picks the
screen refresh through our KVMs.  Skipddc will force the installer to
use the most compatible settings for the monitor regardless of what the
probe returns.

--
Chris Lewis
shadow at digitalnirvana.com

"System Administrators are the Marines
of the business world.  We are the first
into the fight ready at a moments notice
day or night."

Hell's Admins - Bourne to Code
http://www.hellsadmins.com