OT: Suggestions for DSL and VOIP

Siri Amrit Kaur tigerflag at tigerflag.com
Wed Sep 28 08:27:21 MST 2005

On Wednesday 28 September 2005 08:14 am Joseph Sinclair kindly wrote:
> Correct me if I'm misunderstanding something, but why would you
> need a third line?

I don't need a third line if I go with DSL. If I don't go with DSL, I
need a third line. I figured that using DSL would be cheaper than
keeping my modem and getting a 3rd line. Sorry if I was confusing.

> That said, If you're interested in VOIP, I'd wait until you know
> how reliable the DSL will be for you before considering VOIP.  Some
> people get near-perfect reliability, and some people find the
> system disconnects every 2-10 hours due to marginal signal
> strength.  You'll probably be somewhere in between, so it's best to
> see what you're getting before committing to additional services
> that depend on DSL.

Thanks. I've been on calls before that had terrible echos and
sentences were so broken up it was impossible to communicate. I
suspect they were using VOIP. It makes me hesitate to use it for
business.

Siri Amrit