Massachusetts standardizes on OpenDocument

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Sun Sep 25 19:17:01 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-25 at 18:40 -0700, Derek Neighbors wrote:
> Maricopa County for the most part are extreme Microsoft Loyalists.
> The chances fo getting them to adopt sanity is slim to none under
> their current CIO.  The business leaders are VERY savvy and open to
> Free Software.  The CIO is not.  You might have luck with the County
> Attorney and/or the Sheriff's office, but likely will get no where
> with central IT.  At least not yet.
----
I used to track my ex-girlfriend's ex-boss's travails through Maricopa
Superior court (he ended up plea bargaining) and I used to laugh at how
frequently the MS-SQL would report errors on the web portal. Hopefully
the stuff that they identify as mission critical performs a bit better.

;-)

Craig

believed to be clean.