database designer

Dragos Neagu dragos.neagu at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 18:23:41 MST 2005

On 9/24/05, Kevin Brown <kevin_brown at qwest.net> wrote:
> phpmyadmin is one tool.

it's a very good one too, i use it to maintain a few databases on my
web server.  I was looking for a gui to help me visualize tables and
relations and such

> but if you really want dbdesigner, then it helps to see some of the
> errors you are getting...

I'm following he instructions from
http://www.fabforce.net/dbdesigner4/downloads.php
The thing is, I'm not getting an error message, it just goes through
the script and it's done.  Nothing happens
lymz at laptosh:~/DBDesigner4$ ./startdbd
Create symbolic links in /home/lymz/DBDesigner4/./Linuxlib ...
/home/lymz/DBDesigner4
Starting DBDesigner4 ...

If I run it again
lymz at laptosh:~/DBDesigner4$ ./startdbd
Symbolic links exist
Starting DBDesigner4 ...

Not sure what to check next.
--
-Dragos Neagu <><
"If I have been able to see farther, it was only because I stood on