GnomeMeeting PC-to-Phone Calls

Kevin plug-discuss at firstpacket.com
Sat Sep 24 12:49:30 MST 2005

Looking for a little help in an area I know _nothing_ about.  Be gentle.
I find myself in a new home today with no landline phone, no cell phone
signal, and no broadband.  My new neighbor offered a connection to her
Netgear wireless router and that is working very well for now.

NOW, I need to make a few phone calls so I am trying to use GnomeMeeting
1.2 <http://www.gnomemeeting.org> that came bundled with Ubuntu 5.04.  I
have the PC-to-Phone account registered and funded with
https://www.diamondcard.us as instructed in the GnomeMeeting docs.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to make a call.  Can anyone provide any
pointers?  I have tried dialing like this:

h323:16022550072
h323:6022550072

Each time, I hear a couple of short buzzing tones, then I see message in
the status bar: "The gatekeeper cleared the call".

...Kevin