Debian as a desktop system

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Thu Sep 22 11:07:32 MST 2005

Am 22. Sep, 2005 schwätzte Miles Beck so:

> I've only used Debian as a server and was wondering how it is as a
> desktop with KDE or Gnome.

I've been using debian as a desktop for years. It works great.

At this point, however, I'd recommend using Ubuntu for desktop. Ubuntu is
strongly debian-based, but provides a better workstation experience.

I currently recommend:

Servers: debian or RHEL or SUSE Enterprise
Desktop: Ubuntu

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  Passwords are like underwear. You don't share them, you don't hang them on