trouble with web server

Kevin plug-discuss at firstpacket.com
Wed Sep 21 21:38:59 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-21 at 21:05 -0700, Dragos Neagu wrote:
> I'm suspecting either my isp (cox) is blocking the ports,

I suppose it is possible that Cox is blocking tcp/8080 since it is a
common proxy port.  Try configuring apache to listen to something like
tcp/10080 to test this.  Look for the "Listen" directive in the
httpd.conf or ports.conf depending on your version of Apache.  Of
course, be sure to change the forwarding rule on your firewall to match.

...Kevin