xfce faq

Matt Mets matt.mets at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 11:43:39 MST 2005

Hi Josh,

If you are running the XFCE session manager, then it should be able to
remember all of the applications you were running when you exited, and
be able to restore them (probably losing command line options in the
process).  Launching the program from the run command (Alt+F2 by
default on PC).  The shutdown/logoff button should ask if you want to
save your settings before quitting.  I use this method to have a
performance monitor (gkrellm) start automatically at every session.  I
dont know of a specific startup folder for XFCE, but I am using my
.xinitrc file to start some programs before starting XFCE.  If you are
using a session manager (XDM, GDM, etc) though, this might not be
useful for you :-(.

When you say screen capture, do you mean having a shortcut key that
automatically grabs a picture of the screen and opens it in an image
editor?  I am not aware of one of these for XFCE but you could
possibly assign a keyboard shortcut to launch something like the gimp.

hth,
Matt