xfce faq

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 21 10:00:16 MST 2005

Hi,

   Installing xfce on fedora core 4 went smooth. Using
it is fast, but configuring it confuses me. (which is
easy to do.)

   I would like to figure out how to run an app on
startup (gdesklets) and be able to take a screenshot.
I tried reading the documentation linked from
www.xfce.org, but I didn't find anything that helped.

  Well actually, i did find one paragraph that said
any linke in a certain folder (~/Desktop/Autostart/)
will be run when xfce starts. I just can't seem to
find where gdesklets resides. (sorry, still learning
file structures)

Any general FAQ/Tutorial sites for xfce would also be
nice.

-j