Favorite Dist (was Silent list?)

Dragos Neagu dragos.neagu at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 18:11:20 MST 2005

I switched to Linux as my primary OS at ASU's install fest May '04on
my laptop.  Since then I've been with FC2 through FC4 and recently I
felt I was comfortable enough to try another.  So, I tried compiling
Gentoo (level 1) and it took me about a week (on and off some days) to
get it running, but I didn't want to deal with some of the hardware
issues.  I then tried ubuntu 5.10 preview, and have been pleasantly
surprised.  My wireless now works, I can play lots of audio and video
files (wmv and divx thanks to vlc) and I found a package that makes my
toshiba hotkeys work!  This is a major selling point to one of my
friends. :-)

--
-Dragos Neagu <><
"If I have been able to see farther, it was only because I stood on