firefox insecurity?

Alex Dean alex at crackpot.org
Tue Sep 20 11:38:26 MST 2005

Also, as the Symmantec article states, their report is dealing with
'vendor-confirmed vulnerabilities', which means 'vulnerability in
Firefox according to Mozilla' vs. 'vulnerability in IE according to
Microsoft'.  Given that there's no way to ensure these are the same
standard (and I suspect most of us are sure it is NOT the same
standard), this isn't a very useful measurement in my view.

alex