firefox insecurity?

JD Austin jd at twingeckos.com
Tue Sep 20 08:49:01 MST 2005

Josh Coffman wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>  I've been reading about how supposedly lots of
>insecurities are starting to show up in firefox. ..and
>I've also read the rebuttals that basically state
>"they're lieing". I'm not sure what to believe.
>
>  Even before I switched to linux, I switched from IE
>to firefox for a few reasons. (Tried Opera for a while
>too.) Security is not the least of those reasons. Can
>anyone shed some light on the security of firefox on
>win or linux?
>
>-j

The comments of this article spell it out nicely:
http://it.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=05/09/20/1359203&from=rss

Watch how fast any vulnerabilities found are fixed.
I have a lot more faith in firefox than I do in IE.
The vulnerabilities in firefox do not generally allow scum of the net to
take over your machine like flaws in IE do.

JD

--
JD Austin
Twin Geckos Technology Services LLC