better heatsink

Dennis Kibbe dennisk at linuxquestions.net
Thu Sep 15 19:20:00 MST 2005

--- Siri Amrit Kaur <tigerflag at tigerflag.com> wrote:

From: Siri Amrit Kaur <tigerflag at tigerflag.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 17:35:24 -0700
To: dennisk at linuxquestions.net,
	Main PLUG discussion list <plug-discuss at lists.plug.phoenix.az.us>
Subject: Re: better heatsink

On Thursday 15 September 2005 02:51 pm Dennis Kibbe kindly wrote:
> Yes, I've used the Spire FalconRock II heatsink
> (http://www.spirecoolers.com/fcc.asp?prodid=86) on a couple of
> boxes with great results -- nearly silent.  Advantages are the 80mm
> fan moves lots of air with very low noise and both the heatsink and
> the fan are aluminium so it really draws the heat away.  Best is
> the price - under $20.  Check Froogle, CyberGuys or Newegg.

This is the heatsink I use, too. It's excellent as far as cooling and
silence go- I can't even hear it- but isn't it for AMD? I was looking
to see if they made something similar for Celeron but didn't see
anything offhand.

I used to get it from Newegg for something like $14. I think the
newest version is the Whisper Rock. Supposed to be even quieter.

Siri Amrit

Siri,

Looks like your right.  I thought the mounting clip works with Intell as well.

Dennis