PgSQL (was Favoite Distro / Silent list)

Simon Chatfield sjchatfield at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 14 14:22:05 MST 2005

I tried using replication in the last implementation I
put up, but we ran into a snag for some reason. I
think it was due to some data type (lobs I think)
having problems.

For that and other installations we're going with
failover with backup systems. Not ideal, but at the
time it was the only option which worked for us.

I'm really looking forward to getting a decent
replication setup going and will let you all know on
my success.