RH/Fedora Alternatives (was: Re: Silent list?)

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Wed Sep 14 10:52:32 MST 2005

On Wed, 2005-09-14 at 10:38 -0700, Eric "Shubes" wrote:
> Micah DesJardins wrote:
>
> > Has anybody had an experiences with either White Box or Cent OS?
> >
> > Micah
>
> I've played a bit with CentOS after working with RH9 and Fedora. Looks
> and feels the same. (It should, as the source is from RHEL).
----
CentOS has incredible vitality - not only repackaging RHEL 3 and 4 but
also CentOS Extras - and there are extra repositories such as Dag which
will work with any RHEL or repackaged RHEL such as whiteboxlinux or
centos.

Whiteboxlinux is a single driver project so updates lag - John Morris
developed whiteboxlinux for his employer, Beauregard Parish Library
(Louisiana) and doesn't use anyone else's packages - only that which he
does himself so if you really think you need timely updates,
whiteboxlinux is not for you.

Craig