sudo moron

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Fri Sep 9 14:47:44 MST 2005

Am 09. Sep, 2005 schwätzte Ben Browning so:

> Judd Pickell wrote:
> > Maybe it is just me, but wouldn't bypassing the password for sudo be
> > defeating the purpose of sudo?
>
> Nope, because sudo lets you limit what can be sudone by sudoers :)

Well said :).

sudo is an outstanding tool. There are other tools that do similar things,
so look into them if you don't like sudo's setup.

> As for eject, if you specify that the pod can be mounted by users
> ("user" option in fstab entry for /dev/sda2) then it can also be
> unmounted and (I think) ejected by users.

True, but only if they were the ones to mount it in the first place.

Child #1 mounts his/her ipod and rips it out of the machine without
unmounting. Child #2 comes along, but can't unmount the mount from child
#1 if the only access is the user option in fstab.

I presume the machine was setup properly and each child has a seperate
account and doesn't know how to log in as the other child. Foolish
presumption, but it illustrates my point ;-).

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
#  "If your girlfriend is crying crocodile tears it's because she's either