shame on fema

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Thu Sep 8 10:30:52 MST 2005

Am 08. Sep, 2005 schwätzte Victor Odhner so:

> Hap Hap wrote:
>
> > http://news.google.com/news?tab=wn&ncl=http://www.theinquirer.net/%3Farticle%3D26013&hl=en
> > <http://news.google.com/news?tab=wn&ncl=http://www.theinquirer.net/%3Farticle%3D26013&hl=en>
>
> This is really, really bad.
>
> On the other hand, It may be just bad enough to actually wake the Feds
> up to the need for open standards.
>
> Ya think?

Nope. They're providing m$ boxen for the evacuees. That's all they're
gonna see.

The best way for us to get the gov't ( and other orgs ) to recognize
standards and Free Software is to increase the market share of
standards-compliant Free Software in use.

In order to do that we have to improve usability and maintainability of
Free Software. We also need to be more efficient at helping people convert
to Free Software.

Tonight's presentation on The Open CD is meant to help address the second
item. The Open CD is making good progress at the first item.

ciao,

der.hans
--
#  https://www.LuftHans.com/
# To us former windows users, linux IS an easter egg :) I cant remember