music formats and iPod

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Sep 6 19:33:02 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-09-06 at 19:18 -0700, Mike Garfias wrote:
> If you ripped it it is.  Stuff purchased from iTunes is .m4p - unless you
> crack the DRM using JHymm

----
I have a lot of cd's - don't need to buy any songs at the moment - but
now that I'm well past the half way point of ripping the cd's - it
occurs to me that these are issues that I should be considering.

Thanks...I have to figger out how to get rhythmbox to load files...

It's weird - I tried to import a few of my daughters mp3 files and it
gave me an error importing the folder that there wasn't a plug-in
decoder for the mp3 - which I don't really care about. I don't get the
error trying to import the folder containing my one m4a song but it
doesn't show up in any list and obviously won't play. The help file for
rhythmbox suggests that drag and drop from nautilus should be sufficient
but it doesn't work.

Perhaps it's a gstreamer problem...

# rpm -qa|grep rhythmbox
rhythmbox-0.8.8-1

# rpm -qa|grep gstreamer
gstreamer-plugins-0.8.5-1
gstreamer-tools-0.8.7-4.FC3.0
gstreamer-0.8.7-4.FC3.0

I'm checking if the gstreamer-plugins is the wrong one now

Craig