ipod & linux (fedora)

Josh Coffman josh_coffman at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 31 11:16:52 MST 2005

So I just got an ipod shuffle for my wife. She loves
it; great replacement for her radio when she goes for
a run.

I installed gtkPod, but didn't do anything else. Got
the music and plugged in the shuffle and... well I
couldn't connect so I ended up booting windows and
using iTunes (bleh).

I guess the iPod needs to be mounted somehow, but I
don't know how. And is there a way to enabled
auto-detection and mounting? I want her to be able to
manager her music. Mounting a drive is a little much
to expect from her.

Thanks
-j